Friday, January 1, 2010

Oh, New Years.

I don't quite understand the mechanisms behind motivation or the capacity to stick to goals. On one hand, I would like to believe that everyone is capable of doing such things, but on the other I sometimes feel like you need to be the type of person who can fall into habits...good or bad. I consider myself a successful person, but my entire life I haven't been able to accomplish this one goal. I can't lose weight. Actually, I shouldn't say that. I can lose weight, I just don't try hard enough. It is the most frustrating thing in the world to look at old blog entries or things I've written promising that THIS is going to be the time where I actually accomplish my wildest dreams only to know that instead of losing 50 pounds I gained 10. So I think I'm going to approach this differently this time. My goal is not to lose weight. My goal is to set 3 monthly goals for myself and attain them. If I happen to lose weight than so be it.

My January Goals are:

1. read two books for fun this month

2. eat 5-9 servings of vegetables, work out 45 minutes and drink 64 oz of water at least 3 days a week (i'll start slow)

3. gather 25 recipes to put in my recipe book.

By doing it this way, I'm not putting as much pressure on myself to lose a certain amount or feel like a failure when the scale doesn't magically lower itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment