Friday, August 28, 2009

the real test.

For the first four days of this diet, I've been able to enjoy 4 days of being at home. I haven't had to make decisions outside of my comfort zone on what to eat for lunch or dinner and I've been able to keep on plan quite nicely. Today, however, I am at work and surprisingly enough, it isn't too bad. 
I decided to splurge a little for lunch today and I had a lean pocket (6 pts). Usually, I try to get the most proverbially bang for my buck with lunch because it has to hold me until snack time, but today I wanted a quick fix. It's currently 4pm and I'm not famished. I may be a little hungry, but I have a feeling that comes from being in a place where I usually snack. 
My job isn't an office job or anything like that, I'm merely a babysitter, so while I'm here I usually park it at the table and study for my GRE. This usually includes some sort of snack material. Right now, I'm sitting next to the oldest and we're both doing our work, sans the snack food. It's almost liberating. I don't need food to get me through my studies. I don't need food to get me through my emotions. I just need food to give me the energy to get me through my day. Although dinner is still an hour away, I think I'll be able to hold out. Ill start cooking at around 4:45. That way it'll take my mind off of eating because I'll be actively engaged in something . 

I made an awesome pizza yesterday if ya'll are interested: 

1 Damascus Whole Wheat Roll up (You can find these at any supermarket. I get mine at Costco in bulk =) 
1/4 cup trader joes fat free pizza sauce 
1 1/2 oz part skim cheese 
italian seasoning 
garlic salt 


Preheat the oven to 400. Spray a nonstick cooking pan with PAM. Spread sauce on the roll up, add garlic salt, add cheese, and throw some italian seasoning on top. Stick it in the oven for about 10 minutes (Keep an eye on it). You have the perfect low point pizza. The entire thing (it's big. Bigger than an Ellio's) is 4 points, great for lunch paired with a salad, or eat it by itself for a nice comforting snack. 

=) 

No comments:

Post a Comment