Tuesday, August 25, 2009

clearing things up.

I know my first post was a little vague, but it was exactly what I wanted an introduction to be. I'm a very introspective person and the idea that changing your mindset is all you need to change your life is one of the most powerful statements that can be made. I've gone through it all, battles with infertility, battles with eating disorders and the most important... battle of the bulge. 

The main idea here is the fact that I didn't just get to this weight from genetics. Sure, my parents are heavier people, but this wasn't always the case. My weight has plagued me all my life, and I am a firm believer that many of the things I want to do cannot be accomplished because of my preoccupation with the size and shape of my body. 

This being said, the "changes" I'm going to make are going to take on a physical form through diet and exercise but ,most importantly, a mental form through letting myself know that not only am I worth it, but I am in control of my own happiness. 

I started weight watchers for the 5th and hopefully last time, with this new mindset in hand. My goal is to reach a weight of 163.5 lbs (40 lbs less) in the 40 weeks I have until I uproot myself from my suburban home and move to a southern, big city location. Join me for funny anecdotes, food journals and updates along the way. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment